Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fight for Franny

Hello Everyone!


I am writing on the behalf of my best friend, Lindsay Sproul, with a request.  Here's what happened: her 11 month-old puppy, Franny, was rescued as a baby from a trash can, and has lived with us since Lindsay adopted her.  Franny is the first dog I have ever loved, and has completely changed our lives.  Friday morning, when Franny was peeing, a neighbor's pitbull tore out of their house and attacked her.  Franny was on in a leash in her own yard at the time.  The pitbull ripped open her stomach and she lost so much blood that her gums were white.  Lindsay had to hold in Franny's insides while someone drove her to the hospital, and by the time she got there the vet had to perform emergency surgery on her just to try and save her.  She lost 8 inches of her colon and is still in critical condition.

Lindsay is living off of student loans as she finishes her MFA, and can't afford the medical bills.  Her family is all in Massachusetts and can't help very much her right now.  The pitbull owners don't have any money themselves, so Lindsay has cleaned out her savings trying to save Franny.  She is not only traumatized by what she saw Friday morning, but so worried about Franny's life, as am I.  If you can spread the word to ask people to donate anything to help save Franny and pay for some hospital bills, it would help Lindsay so much.  I've written grants to about 10 places for any money, and even wrote to Ellen DeGeneres.

Lindsay and I are devastated.  If you can send even a dollar to Lindsay, it would help Franny keep fighting.  

Franny is magical.  If there is any way you know how to help us keep the magic going, we would be so happy.

With all my gratitude,
Ellen O'Connell

3 comments:

  1. This is horrible to hear. I have my own little puppy and would be heartbroken if this happened to me. I donated what I could - hope it helps. I hope the owners of the pit bull got their dangerous dog taken away. My heart goes out to Lindsay and Franny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent some money. There are so many animal lovers out there that I am sure your burden will be eased a bit having their support. Please consider taking the slimeball whose dog did this to small claims court. Said slimeball should not have a dog if he/she cannot afford to take responsibility for it.
    Veronica L.

    ReplyDelete

Fundraising Goals